About Me

Having 12 years experience in Microsoft technologies.Since more than 7 years working in SharePoint technologies. Expert in providing consultation for SharePoint projects. Hands on with development and administration.

Monday 25 July 2016

SharePoint 2013 Cumulative Update fails with error “The installation of this package failed”

When running SharePoint 2013 November 2015 CU (ubersrv2013-kb3101373-fullfile-x64-glb.exe),
I have got the following error 
 
“The installation of this package failed”

I checked event log for further information, but unfortunately I don’t find any…

Resolution

Download other two .cab files (ubersrv_1.cab & ubersrv_2.cab) to the same folder, where  .exe exists.
It’s funny, but this is true…J

FYI- I found the error log in temporary folder and the error says that, it is looking for some file and which is not available. So, I just tried copying other files to same folder and it worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment