There are many issues when installing SharePoint 2013 prerequisites in offline mode
One of the major roadblock, when installing SP 2013 is - windows app fabric 1.1 installation component.
The following step is very important to avoid errors which we will discuss further in this article in detail. Preventive action is always good remedy than correct action.
1. Download windows server app fabric 1.1 from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235496
2. Don’t install (WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe) manually.
3. Run following command from command prompt and let SharePoint prerequisites installer do the installation and configuration. Not sure, what this does exactly.
4. Go to the path where ‘prerequisiteinstaller.exe’ exits, in my case the installation media is available @
5. D:\SoftwaresDump\SharePoint Server 2013\en_sharepoint_server_2013_x64_dvd_1121447
Then, run following
prerequisiteInstaller.exe /appfabric:[Full AppFabric . exe path]
In case, if you forgot to run as mentioned above and did installed manually, you may get following errors based on your environment and configurations.
Error 1 - Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Setup.Core.SetupException: AppFabric installation failed because installer MSI
1. The PSModulePath environment variable path might be changed. Check and confirm the path and it would be C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\;C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\PowershellModules
Error 2: MSI returned with Error Code: 1603
2. The PSModulePath environment variable path might be changed. Check and confirm the path and it would be C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\;C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\PowershellModules
Error 3: MSI returned with Error Code: 1603 and “0x80040154 Class Not Registered”
1. Install .NET framework 3.5
Error 4: Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly configured During installing SharePoint Server 2013
1. Copy WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe to drive C:/
2. Run following from command prompt
3. .\WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i CacheClient,CachingService,CacheAdmin /gac
4. Run AppFabric1.1-RTM-KB2671763-x64-ENU.exe
5. Reboot server